To transform Christian believers who have a call upon their lives to spread the gospel of Jesus Christ. We prepare them to be well-rounded leaders with a biblical foundation, practical knowledge, faith and determination to live a life in Christ, demonstrate Christ-likeness, and plan, plant and grow ministries worldwide.
The purpose of Evangel Bible College is to equip the servants of God in building the Kingdom by enriching their knowledge and enhancing their spiritual gifts, thereby motivating them to become engaged disciples and passionate advocates for Christ. The foundation of our pedagogical approach is biblically based, and draws on the mission of The Great Commission:
“Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have Commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world.” (Matt 28: 19-20).
Through this uniquely designed program that includes concentrations in Church Ministry and Leadership; School of Prayer; School of Prophets and School of Disciples, students will understand the foundations of Christ’s directives for believers and the church, and be well equipped to evangelize, disciple, plan, plant, and grow a church of Christian believers.
Three values—quality, Christian integrity, and student-centeredness—are the core of the College and the touchstones for action at all levels of the institution. Each value demand high standards of excellence, uncompromising openness and honesty, and primary attention to the progress of our students. These values and principles give Evangel Bible College its unique identity and mission.
- Evangel Bible College operates with the mandate of excellence in all we do. We set and achieve ambitious goals, work constantly to improve upon our best and challenging practices, and are dedicated to helping our students realize success.
- We invest time in understanding the needs and requirements of those we serve. We hold high expectations for ourselves, our colleagues, and our students.
- Evangel Bible college adheres to the principle that trust and honesty are the cornerstones of any community. As an institution of higher learning, we strive to keep our commitments, act consistently and fairly, and practice what we preach.
- This value is achieved by conducting business, in and outside of the classroom, ethically and consistently.
- Evangel Bible College believes that all adult learners should have innovative educational access, especially those who are without opportunity in other venues.
- Evangel Bible College believes that academic programs must be learner-centered, incorporating learners’ prior knowledge and allowing them to focus their academic work on their needs and interests.
- To provide biblically based, multi-contextual educational opportunities for Christian learners.
- To provide innovative, learner-centered educational programs that recognize and incorporate the knowledge, skills, and abilities students bring into their academic programs.
- To provide programs through diverse process-learning approaches, all resulting in outcomes of quality and integrity.
- To provide an inquiry/action model of education that fosters research, discovery, and critical thinking and that results in professional excellence.
- To produce graduates who are scholarly, reflective practitioners and agents of positive social change.
Evangel Bible College strives to produce graduates with the knowledge, skills, and abilities to:
- Facilitate Christian-focused, positive social change where they work, in their communities, and in society.
- Use their knowledge to positively impact their profession, communities, and society.
- Demonstrate a commitment to lifelong learning.
- Apply their learning to specific problems and challenges in their community, workplace, and professional settings.
- Demonstrate information literacy.*
*Information literacy is defined as the ability to know when there is a need for information, and being able to identify, locate, evaluate, and effectively use that information for the issue or problem at hand.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the methods of inquiry used in their professional or academic field.
- Practice legal and ethical integrity in their professional work.
- Effectively communicate their ideas and the rationale behind them to others.
- Support diversity and multiculturalism within their profession, communities, and society.